Not getting new message notifications

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
crittle1

Not getting new message notifications

Post by crittle1 »

Since the upgrade to 8.03 I do not get "New Message" notifications or new mail at all in the online interface until I refresh the page or click through other folders. I tested, and as long as I have Activesync disabled in the PostOffice > Settings > Service Selection Everything works normally. Is this a bug?

teleunion

Re: Not getting new message notifications

Post by teleunion »

Hello,

i have no solution for you, i just want to inform, that with 8.03 AND EAS enabled, we don't have this problem, so it should not be a general problem

our first install was 8.00, then upgraded to 8.03

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Thank you for looking. You have it enabled on the PostOffice and specific Mailboxes both right? Just to clarify so I can troubleshoot.

teleunion

Post by teleunion »

Hello,

i have no special properties for specific mailboxes, all is inerhited from the postoffice

until now, there was no need to configure individual properties for this

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

teleunion,

I was able to replicate the error. If I turn off my iPhone and shut down my mail client on my computer, I will get the new notifications from the web interface and see it in the inbox perfectly. When I have both of the devices on, new mail comes through the iPhone and Mail Client simultaneously but never is received within the web mail interface unless I click the refresh button.

Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there for verification.

I've had a similar type of issue with iPhone v6 and EAS until I upgraded it to v7. The iphone wasn't receiving the notifications until I logged into the web interface, then it would ding on the phone.

I honestly feel there is some bug within the EAS somewhere that has yet to be discovered.

teleunion

Post by teleunion »

hello,

do you ONLY get notifications, when BOTH mailclients are turned off?

i think it could be helpful, if the developers know, which iOS you use on the iPhone (do you use the integrated mailclient or another application), and which other mailclient you use - otherwise it will be hard for the developers to test this behavior by themself

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Agreed. I'll try to be detailed.

Desktop Client: Mac Mail Version 5.3 - IMAP
iPhone v7.1 - Activesync
ME: v8.03 - Online Interface

Those are the only email clients I use above.

I reinstalled MailEnable 8.03, same issue.
Happens both inside and outside network.

I tested with iPhone on and desktop client off. I tested with desktop client on and iPhone off. I tested with both off. The only time the pop up "new email" notification showed and the message was delivered to the website interface of ME was when both were off. ( I kept logged into the ME Online Interface during the testing. )

iPhone v6 & ME 8.02
iPhone v6 didn't receive activesync notifications until I logged into the website interface, then it was pushed to the phone. I upgraded the iPhone to V7, the issue was resolved. I didn't have a chance to test on v8.03 with v6 but can this weekend as I have older broken iPhone's due to an aggressive 6 year old.

Hope this helps.