Delays in outlook after update to 8.5

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Ehenzel1978

Delays in outlook after update to 8.5

Post by Ehenzel1978 »

I updated to ME 8.5 this past weekend, and now I am getting delays in outlook 2007 and 2010 doing just about anything. I have users who use either of these, and we are all experiencing delays moving messages, deleting, replying, anything. Users connected via MAPI get a box that says "moving messages on the server", users connected via IMAP get a "Not Responding" message. Both take about 10 - 30 seconds before they resolve themselves.

I am also getting a slowed response from other applications on the server. We run our inventory control software on the same server and it has begun to lag a little bit, as well as network folders on the server. It makes me think there might be a problem with one of the services after the update, but I have been unable to locate it.

None of this was happening before the update to 8.5. I am running a windows 2008 r2 x64 server with 16 gbs of ram and 2 quad core 2.6 ghz intel xeon processors. So there shouldn't be any slow down.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA

rfwilliams777

Re: Delays in outlook after update to 8.5

Post by rfwilliams777 »

No issues here. The server seems to be running roughly like it has for years. I started 8.5 while it was still in beta.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

PMad

Post by PMad »

I am having a similar issue, but a bit different. I have recently upgraded from 7.55 to 8.5 and when using webmail, some new emails take a long time to open. Some wont open at all, i have to reload the page and try again to get it to load. After the first load, it loads up super quick..

However upon switching from the pacific skin to Mondo or Oceano, the problems go away completely. I havent tested this a lot and it could be stopping because the emails were already loaded (even though i logged out and back in). Im not sure, but maybe this will provide some insight to the problem?

gxavier.bh

Post by gxavier.bh »

PMad wrote:I am having a similar issue, but a bit different. I have recently upgraded from 7.55 to 8.5 and when using webmail, some new emails take a long time to open. Some wont open at all, i have to reload the page and try again to get it to load. After the first load, it loads up super quick..

However upon switching from the pacific skin to Mondo or Oceano, the problems go away completely. I havent tested this a lot and it could be stopping because the emails were already loaded (even though i logged out and back in). Im not sure, but maybe this will provide some insight to the problem?
Same here. I have done a clean install from 8.50 and the problem remains using Pacific Skin. Haven't tested another skin.

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

did you try clearing the cache on the client browser?