MailEnable WebMail Responsiveness Error

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
it.support

Re: MailEnable WebMail Responsiveness Error

Post by it.support » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:10 am

Any solutions for this issue?

lately I also been receiving this kind of email alert few times.

Please help!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 am

Hi,

I had posted a solution earlier in the thread.
Hi,

The problem is that the alert tool uses the MailEnable Web mail host header binding of "mewebmail.localhost" to check the status of the site. If this does not exist or is not bound to 127.0.0.1 then it will report the notifications you are seeing.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

it.support

Post by it.support » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:47 am

Where can i configure this alert tool?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:12 am

Hi,

Double click on the "Metray" utility in the Windows task bar. Under the "alerts" tab you can configure the alerts to be sent (perhaps disable the one for web mail). In order to rectify the web mail alert though you need to ensure that under IIS the website "MailEnable Web mail" has a host header binding for mewebmail.local and is bound to 127.0.0.1.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

it.support

Post by it.support » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:22 am

Dear Ian,

I have configured correctly as instructed by you. However, after 2 weeks, today I receive email telling me the same error.
Mailenable webmail responsiveness error.

What is the impact of this?

Best regards,
Jumi

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:55 am

Hi,

Maybe the MailEnable Web mail website was in fact down at the time and not responding. Perhaps inspect the Windows event log or the log files for the site under IIS.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mobiwoom

Post by mobiwoom » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Bindings are also set on my server ... but I use another port , not 80 . could it be the problem ?

RNEUSCHUL

Post by RNEUSCHUL » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:06 pm

I had posted a solution earlier in the thread.
And people told you almost immediately that your solution does not work, so repeating the suggestion isn't helpful.

I'm seeing a very similar issue and error with webmail with an almost identically formatted error message: changing the binding does not make the slightest difference.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 am

Hi,
And people told you almost immediately that your solution does not work, so repeating the suggestion isn't helpful.

I'm seeing a very similar issue and error with webmail with an almost identically formatted error message: changing the binding does not make the slightest difference.
The alertor performs a GET command against the "MailEnable Web mail" website to check for responsiveness and if the command fails it sends the alert. It uses the mewebmail.protocols host name to contact the site. Therefore the things to check are:

1. Ensure the meprotocols.localhost host name is bound under the site (most likely is as you have mentioned).
2. Enable IIS logging for the website and inspect the IIS logs to see if the command GET command is failing when the alertor sends the command.

If you require a more detailed analysis to the problem or a technician to review the configuration and troubleshoot further then I would suggest lodging a support via our support form for a managed response.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread but we have been getting this error a bit more often since 10.x which may or may not be related to this thread.

Here is the error:

MailEnable WebMail Responsiveness

MailEnable WebMail is not responding.

MailEnable WebMail Responsiveness: Encountered an error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

It should be noted that we are not seeing anything in the server logs.

We are seeing this error about once a day, sometimes a few times a day and sometimes not at all but on average about once a day.