Mailenable Performance

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
bavila

Mailenable Performance

Post by bavila »

Hello all,

After upgrading mailenable Premium Edition from v7 to 8.50, we're facing some performance issues, like moving messages from one folder to another taking a long time, or deleting a message.
We installed 8.51 last night, hoping that this was able to help us resolving the issue, but it was not.
Also, we updated the MAPI connector to the last version, but the problem still persists.

Is anyone having the same problems?

PMad

Re: Mailenable Performance

Post by PMad »

I have the same issue. On my end it seems that there is an abnormally large delay when opening some HTML emails. I haven't yet noticed an issue with text only emails, they are pretty instant, but HTML emails in general take several seconds to open, sometimes so long i have to refresh the page.

PMad

Post by PMad »

Any updates or information on this? I've noticed this happens with any kind of email... You click on it and sometimes it takes forever to open (webmail only).

marti.serrano

Post by marti.serrano »

I've seen the same in our server.
Found other threads in the fórum mentioning that it could be related to mailEnable shutting down some services if there is no user activity. Then, the first time a user connects it takes longer because of services starting.
We have tested using Mondo as the web skin instead of default Ocean. Webmail looks much more responsive and have not experience the problem using Mondo skin.

Anyway, take my comments with a pinch of salt since our tests were extremely limited in time and number of users.

Martí

PMad

Post by PMad »

I can confirm that performance is much better on Oceano and Mondo themes, but I have still experienced some issues on both.

Mailenable v7 performs much better than v8 overall (this can be expected in some upgrades, just not to this extent)
Mondo and Oceano themes perform MUCH better than the newer Pacific theme (not so much expected, maybe a little degradation but not nearly this much)
Mondo and Oceano themes perform significantly slower on v8 than on v7
The performance of the Pacific theme is the worst of all 3 on any ME version

I think this may be part of the theme code/engine. It seems that the code used when Mondo and Oceano are the themes are the same but when the Pacific theme is used, its a different block of code for moving emails, retrieving emails, loading, displaying, everything emails... Either that or there's an error within the theme that makes the code run slow? I'm not sure.