Upgrade from 7.5.1 to 8.5.3

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
gapcdr

Upgrade from 7.5.1 to 8.5.3

Post by gapcdr »

We are going to upgrade our ME Enterprise Premium 8.5.3. Is it best to first upgrade to the last release of 7.5 first? We are hosting on a Windows server 2008 R2 with about 20 domains and a total of 600 users.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from 7.5.1 to 8.5.3

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No you can upgrade directly to 8.x
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

gapcdr

Post by gapcdr »

We did that last night and all went well. However, it did not solve our Outlook/MAPI connector problem.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What is the MAPI problem?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

gapcdr

Post by gapcdr »

Ian, sorry for the delay. The MAPI issue was synchronization. The client would not completely synchronize when checked against WebMail and there would be partial downloads - evidenced by a blank line in the message view and no data when you try to open.
We finally decided that it is a machine issue and set the user up on a spare system. We have brought the problem system back to our office for further troubleshooting. The biggest difficulty has been that the system was 300 miles from our office so this was all being done remotely.
I am taking the time to put all of this in in case it gives someone else another idea when they have these type of problems. Sometimes, you don't look at the obvious.

Ehenzel1978

Post by Ehenzel1978 »

I was having the same issue. Some of my users were getting blank emails, or emails that were coming across as garbled. It turned out to be my Spam protection software. It was adding a footer to all the emails, incoming and outgoing. Turned this off so that it no longer tried to add the footer, and the problem went away.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA