MTA Filter

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Brett Rowbotham

MTA Filter

Post by Brett Rowbotham » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:50 pm

I have installed the MTA Filter Beta 0.01 and found that while some things work well, others do not.

I set up a filter to quarantine and then delete messages with unacceptable attachments which appears to be working well.

I also set up a filter to quarantine messages with certain words on the subject line or in the message body. With this filter I find that every message that passes through is being sent to the quarantine folder. This is shown by messages in Afrikaans being quarantined even though not a single filter word is in Afrikaans.

When will an updated version of the filter be made available ?

Also, when it comes to filtering on specific words, I feel that a better system would be to have a level value for each specific word and an overall value for the filter which, should the sum of the level values for specific words exceed the overall value, would then filter the message as defined. This would prevent a single word from forcing a message to be filtered.

wsani

Post by wsani » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:07 am

I can't even get the filters to display any criterias. That option does not exist for me.