IMAP Connections

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
crittle1

IMAP Connections

Post by crittle1 »

I have a Client IP address in the IMAP connections on my postoffice and user name of which I do not recognize. I looked at the reverse IP and it shows Amazon Technologies Inc.

I shut off my phone and third party software to disable all my connections to my email address. I changed the password from the ME Console and another computer on the web interface. Each time the IMAP connection immediately shows one as IDLE and one as NOOP for last Command. I'm a super admin and curious if there is suppose to be a general connection from the server for a service of some kind? What does this mean?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: IMAP Connections

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No, if there is a live connection then that would indicate that a mailbox has authenticated in order to be able to issue IMAP commands. Use the "Metray" utility and navigate to the "Real time activity" tab and scroll down to the "IMAP" section. It will report the mailbox that has authenticated that is issuing the IDLE and NOOP commands and the originating IP address.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

crittle1

Re: IMAP Connections

Post by crittle1 »

Well, its seems to no longer be there. Everything looks good from this area.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I didn't realize this area was real-time.