Looking for suggestions regarding this spam

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
PMad

Looking for suggestions regarding this spam

Post by PMad »

Hello!

So i've been actively, over the past 3 years, trying to strategically block spam emails to reduce the amount of spam coming in to my server. I think i've done quite well but this appears to be a never ending process (i firmly believe its never ending).

One of the trends i've noticed is that a LOT of the spam coming in is coming from clients using "The Bat!". So i've ran some text search apps to run through all of the email in several inboxes (since they are all in plain text format) to see if what i'm thinking is right, and through over 20k emails, 100% of the emails sent using the client "The Bat!" are spam. Its a client that nobody uses anymore except for spammers. At least from what i can find.

So I know its not good to block clients, but would this be an exception to that?

If so, MailEnable filters have many different header sections defined. Would this fit into the message header filter?

Thanks!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Looking for suggestions regarding this spam

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes you can create a filter using the criteria "Where the message header contains specific words" and add *The Bat!* as the value.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

PMad

Re: Looking for suggestions regarding this spam

Post by PMad »

Thank you Ian!

Do you know if this bad practice to do? Or with this mail client, is this actually a good practice?