Version 8.6 recent Webmail issues

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
RNEUSCHUL

Version 8.6 recent Webmail issues

Post by RNEUSCHUL »

"MailEnable WebMail Responsiveness: Encountered an error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
127.0.0.1:80"

This is a recent issue. We have now received about a dozen or so such messages over the last 3 days.

The message recurs regardless of the binding - whether to 127.0.0.1 or to the actual public IP or to "any available". It was originally set to localhost and gave no problems until this issue arose 3 days ago. The service [and the server] have been restarted following changes to bindings without affecting the occurrence of this error. We now have this set back to localhost.

The configuration of MailEnable has not changed in months - since the last update. The configuration of the underlying host OS has changed - it is kept fully patched and up to date; the host OS is W2008R2.
There is more than sufficient free disk space and more than sufficient memory. ME is installed to a dedicated disk/partition.

There appear to be no event log errors in 2008's system or application logs whilst ME's \Logging\HTTPMAIL activity and debug or ex{date-formula] logs show no issues, let alone any which match the times of these errors.

For almost all other purposes ME is working as expected, although some users have reported a slight slowness with POP retrieval which we believe has more to do with their local service provider's bandwidth than any issues with ME. IMAP and MAPI users are not seeing any issues.

Can anyone advise on possible diagnostics and/or remedies.

TIA.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Version 8.6 recent Webmail issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Does the default host header "Mewebmail.localhost" exist under the "MailEnable Web mail" website? And is it bound to 127.0.0.1:80? The alertor uses the host name to monitor the status of the site and if it does not exist will generate the notifications your seeing.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

RNEUSCHUL

Post by RNEUSCHUL »

Mewebmail.localhost exists; it is currently bound to "*" but as I said in my original message, changing the binding makes no difference. The problem still happens with an explicit binding to localhost on 127 or to the actual public IP.

This is new behaviour following the update to 8.6.

Current evidence suggests this is not a configuration issue; it's a bug in the 8.6 code.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Your best way forward is to lodge a support ticket under the category of defect for a managed response. Allowing the technician to access the server via RDP or TeamViewer will also help to review the IIS and web mail configuration to gain a better understanding where the problem resides.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

RNEUSCHUL

Post by RNEUSCHUL »

Defect ticket submitted.

RNEUSCHUL

Post by RNEUSCHUL »

And now wondering just how long it is going to take Mail Enable to respond to that ticket.

Is it unreasonable to expect a reply within three days?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What is the ticket number? I have not seen any tickets from your account.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

RNEUSCHUL

Post by RNEUSCHUL »

Not a clue; try a search by date.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Private message me your registered email address you logged the ticket under. That will help.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

schmidtc63

Post by schmidtc63 »

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue with the latest version (Enterprise 10.15).

Thank you.

arsalan.ahmed

Post by arsalan.ahmed »

I'm having the same issue with the latest version MailEnable Enterprise Premium Edition Version (10.41)