Copying outgoing mail

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Ehenzel1978

Copying outgoing mail

Post by Ehenzel1978 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Hello all,

I need to copy all outgoing mail from one user to another. For instance, user1@test.com (local address) sends mail to blank1@gmail.com. I need that mail message copied to user2@test.com (local address). I thought about using the BCC all function, but it can be turned off too easily. I have an instance where a user is sending mail from many different platforms, their desktop, webmail, mobile phone and or tablet, and they're not copying the appropriate people on those outgoing mails. I was able to get all the incoming mail without a problem.

None of the filter options in ME seem to do the trick as they only work on incoming mail from what I can tell. If I'm wrong on that one, please tell me how to configure it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Copying outgoing mail

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:22 am

Hi,

If you configure a filter under Messaging Manager > Filters then it will work for incoming and outgoing messages. (Any message that is routed by the MTA agent).

You need to create a filter with criteria "Where the From header contains specific words". Add the email address embraced by wildcards. I.E: *test@exampledomain.com*. Add the action for "Forward to address" and add the destination recipient address that the message sent from the sender address will be forwarded to.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Ehenzel1978

Re: Copying outgoing mail

Post by Ehenzel1978 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Thank you very much Ian, that worked very well.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA