Outbound

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
dmburgess

Outbound

Post by dmburgess »

Question,

On the outbound smart host, is there a way to specify multiple hosts?

rfwilliams777

Re: Outbound

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Allegedly in the registry. Personally I don't like smart hosts as those IP addresses can be on blacklists and not your server (think GoDaddy). Further, set up smarthosts (servers or routers) that round-robin email out but using a name and let DNS control what servers send out the messages.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

cfdynamics

Post by cfdynamics »

you can add multiple smarthosts under each domain in the postoffices
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Question,

On the outbound smart host, is there a way to specify multiple hosts?
I presume you are referring to smart hosting outbound messages via different SMTP servers at the domain level. You can do this now by configuring postoffice IP bindings under the "Localhost" properties window. Once you have bound a postoffice to an IP available on the server you can then access the properties window for that IP binding and specify a "Smart all outbound email for postoffice" to a nominated SMTP server.
you can add multiple smarthosts under each domain in the postoffices
This will only smart host inbound messages destined to a domain if the local mailbox does not exist. Otherwise the message will be delivered locally.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

afallaha

Post by afallaha »

I am hosting several domains in my Plesk sever and using mailenable as mail server....the problem one of these domains is hosting their emails somewhere else while the domain itself (www) is in our server...each time I send emails to this domain, the MailEnable server considered locally and because the email account does not exists, it returns it back to me as 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

How can I make the outbound emails for a SPECIFIC domain goes outside my MailEnable server to its right location.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

If Plesk wasn't in the mix, it is just a DNS matter of pointing mail.domain.com to your server and the A records of domain.com and www.domain.com to your webserver. But with Plesk, that potentially creates a problem because I don't know if you can easily break them apart.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!