List Server

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sgirard

List Server

Post by sgirard »

Hi,

I am trying to implement the list feature on my enterprise edition server (most recent version).

Now, that mail domain has a standard footer that gets attached to all mail outgoing from local email addresses.

In the list, I have created custom headers and footers for messages.

I have also created custom messages for subscribe/unsubscribe/error actions.

So - when a message goes through the list, it uses the appropriate header and footer.

But, when a message related to error/subscribe or unsubscribe gets sent, it is using the normal domain postoffice footer, which is not really appropriate to the list.

Is there a way to get around this? It seems strange to me and is making me look to another list server tool, which is a shame as I already have one in my mail server.

Thanks!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: List Server

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The list header and footer will only be added to list messages and not the subscribe/unsubscribe notifications. The reason you see the domain level footer being added to the notification messages is because any message that is sent via the domain the footer is added to the message. I have raised an issue in our register for a possible improvement to this so that list footers are added to the subscribe/unsubscribe notifications and bypass domain level footers. I don't have any specific time frame when this will looked at though.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sgirard

Re: List Server

Post by sgirard »

Thank you, Ian. That would be a big improvement.