MEDIAG Error with Samba NAS repository

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
cqi

MEDIAG Error with Samba NAS repository

Post by cqi »

Ian:

I have recently implemented a 2 node cluster were both nodes point to a SMB NAS share for config and mail store. I have it working and I am confident the permissions are set correctly on the Windows side as well as the linux and samba side. However, when I run the mediag tool, I still get warnings on IME_ADMIN, IME_System, and IME_STORE_GROUP accounts for directories located on the samba share which is under the Applications section. Should these be ignored as all is working correctly. I'm thinking I should ignore them because I have Windows as the front end and linux on the backend. They will not be able to share SIDs and thus will not satisfy the checks in this section. Thoughts?

cqi

Re: MEDIAG Error with Samba NAS repository

Post by cqi »

Ian, thoughts???

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The MailEnable diagnostic report uses the logged in user to check for permissions settings. Therefore the logged in account may not have permissions on the NAS. Try login into the MailEnable server as IME_ADMIN and then run the diagnostic report.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cqi

Post by cqi »

Hey, yes, I did that and it still shows warnings on IME_ADMIN, IME_SYSTEM, and IME_STORE_GROUP. It's complaining that the SIDs don't match.