[SOLVED] Pre-pickup not working (MXSCAN)

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

[SOLVED] Pre-pickup not working (MXSCAN)

Post by jglazer »

I moved my MailEnable from server A to server B. Since doing so, my spam traffic has increased 600 times. I have been using MXUPTIME's MXSCAN for spam filtering for years. Its been installed on server B without any problems or errors. However, I notice that only a very few messages are being scanned through the system. Some definitely are and are being quarntined as normal. But many many of them are just going through the system without being scanned by MXSCAN. No log errors. Its like MXSCAN doesn't exist for those messages. The log shows that the program is executed yet the message is not scanned or modified in any way and is processed through.

What could be causing this?? I need to get to the bottom of this asap as I have pretty irate customers.

Thanks!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Pre-pickup not working (MXSCAN)

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you inspected the MXScan log files for more information if the message was scanned and as to why it was not returned as positive spam?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Re: Pre-pickup not working (MXSCAN)

Post by jglazer »

MX UPTIME logged in and determined I had a bad email address for the notifications. That seemed to have cleared it up.