Version 10 Beta

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
cfdynamics

Version 10 Beta

Post by cfdynamics »

Are there any changes in 10 that would break a Version 9 cluster if we were to upgrade one of the servers for testing purposes?
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Version 10 Beta

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Not that I'm aware of. But if your testing you really want to test on a non production server just in case.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bluecat

Re: Version 10 Beta

Post by bluecat »

Hi Ben,

Currently evaluating mailenable enterprise version 1018 to test clustering feature to migrate our mail server

My setup:

2 nodes windows server 2012 R2 Failover cluster with SAN Storage cluster Disk (Cluster shared volume )

After installing on both nodes tried to make the first node to be a the cluster controller no change happened, restarted and reboot the server

I've follow this guide

Install a MailEnable server under this configuration is done by running the installation process. During installation you will be asked for three paths. The first path is to the MailEnable Application Directory. For this you select a local path. This is where the program files will be installed to. The second path asked for is the Configuration Repository. For this path, select a shared storage location. The third path asked for is the Message Store Repository. You should also select the shared storage location for this. Do the same for any other nodes that you add to the cluster. If you have previous installed MailEnable on the server you cannot change the path through installation, you need to use the administration program to select the new configuration and message store path

Thanks for your help