Using username only to login with IP bindings - Enterprise Ed.

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
tomk

Using username only to login with IP bindings - Enterprise Ed.

Post by tomk »

We're running an eval of the latest 10.1 release, eager to get this beast online and moving away from iMAIL.. We started with Professional, but upgraded to Enterprise to utilize the IP Bindings per post office feature. We have the IP bindings set per post office, however we are still unable to login to the postoffice's with just a username. It still requires the full post office address. It works for the default post office as I've read everywhere.. So I'm wondering if I'm just missing a checkbox somewhere, or some setting to permit this feature? Or maybe it's just not available to do, even in the Enterprise version.

So my example is as follows.

I have 5 postoffice domains. I tied each postoffice to a separate IP to bind to. My postoffice name is mydomain.com, if I go to my DNS name, webmail.mydomain.com, and it resolves to the correct IP it's bonded to. I try to login as just username tom, it doesn't work. But if I log into tom@mydomain.com, it works. The default post office works as is, I can logon with just a username on that one, but not the others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett Rowbotham

Re: Using username only to login with IP bindings - Enterprise Ed.

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

See my reply to your other post on the same question.

The system needs to differentiate between users with the same login name in different post offices, which is why there is a requirement to include such. The default post office just simplifies the process by automatically adding the default post office name to any login name that does not already have a post office portion.

tomk

Re: Using username only to login with IP bindings - Enterprise Ed.

Post by tomk »

Thanks for your assistance..