Error in the tab Addresses

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
maxel91

Error in the tab Addresses

Post by maxel91 »

ME 10.11 Enterprise

When i open any mailbox from MMC, if i select Addresses, an error appear and if i write something in the forms, these aren't set.

"System.MissingMethodException: Impossibile trovare il metodo 'System.String ARPDev.TransferEncoding.DecodeMIMEHeader(System.String ByRef, System.String ByRef, Boolean)'.
in MailEnable.Mailbox.GetDisplayName(String sMailbox, String sPostoffice)
in MailEnable.Administration.Console.ppgMailboxMappings.Initialise(Dictionary`2 Data)
in MailEnable.Administration.Console.GenericPropertyPageControl.OnInitialize(Dictionary`2 Data)"

In webmail, if i change the "Display Name", this is set. If i see the display name (Friendly name) in the MMC, appear the error and the from Friendly name is empty..

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Error in the tab Addresses

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Thanks. We are aware of this and was a build problem. There will be updated installation kits on the beta page in the upcoming hours with the fix.

http://www.mailenable.com/beta
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

maxel91

Post by maxel91 »

works :)

cjard

Post by cjard »

Is this out of beta yet or do i go there still for the fix?

I use ME 7.6 - is there a fix available for it? I only see 10.x betas..

cjard

Post by cjard »

Update: I might have been able to patch this myself. The affected function is contained in the ARPDEV.Core.Helper.DLL

A searching the ME folder for this DLL turned up 6 instances, 3 from 2016, 3 from 2015

Examining them with ILSpy we can see that the earlier one (top in this image) doesn't have the expected signature of the method EncodeMIMEHeader that the mail enable admin console is looking for (it seeks string/string/bool/bool version, the DLL that is in the ADMIN folder has only string/string/bool):
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (63.6 KiB) Viewed 11000 times
The "fix" in my case was to copy the later DLL from the COMMAND folder to the ADMIN folder. I haven't repeated the exercise for the other 2 older DLLS

maxel91

Post by maxel91 »

Installed BETA 11 (not BETA 12), another problem in the group when I bring back an address (in the image, when test1 It's reported to the list on the left)

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Eccezione generata dalla destinazione di una chiamata. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: L'elenco a cui è associato l'enumeratore è stato modificato. L'enumeratore può essere utilizzato solo se l'elenco rimane costante.
in System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ItemArray.EntryEnumerator.System.Collections.IEnumerator.MoveNext()
in MailEnable.Administration.Console.frmGroupMember.cmdRemove_Click(Object eventSender, EventArgs eventArgs)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--- Fine dell'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInMessagePumpProxy.OnThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
in System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
in System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
in MailEnable.Administration.Console.frmGroupMember.GetAddress(String& sPostoffice, String& sGroup, Boolean& bRefresh)
in MailEnable.Administration.Console.GroupNode.CreateNewGroupMember(String PostOfficeName)

maxel91

Post by maxel91 »

ME 12, no differences.