Choose skin from WebMail login

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
dcol

Choose skin from WebMail login

Post by dcol »

The only option in the login process is Mondo. I want users to select other skins.

I tried using the WebMail properties in the Administration without success. When I select configure, the working IIS websites do not show up in the list. I also tried option 2 of the meinstaller.exe
Is there something else I need to do?

I hope I can get some help, this is not a very active forum with very few replies to questions. I have to assume MailEnable knowledgeable users are few and far between and the ME techs don't get involved. Shame because it is very nice software with a lot of features.

dcol

Re: Choose skin from WebMail login

Post by dcol »

*** Solved ***
Just in case anyone else needs to know. You have to select (use default) from Select Skins Action menu. Services>WebMail properties>configure only works for virtual directories. If you are using host headers, you need the Select Skins Action

One more thing I found out that may be helpful. Once I got the full list of skins in the login page, I noticed that the Beige skin has issues. Just Uninstalling the skin from the Skin Catalog does not remove it from the drop down list. You have to delete 'beige' from the SKINS.TAB file.

rfwilliams777

Re: Choose skin from WebMail login

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I used to offer my clients to choose their skin and all that. It became an issue for both branding and if someone had an issue with something working (not all skins worked well all the time when an update was rolled out). With version 10, I just made everyone go to only the Default skin which is more streamlined. It saves loading time with less images and less other unnecessary stuff.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!