Autodiscover not working

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
dcol

Autodiscover not working

Post by dcol »

Autodiscover is not working. Followed all the docs. set the autodiscover protocols, IIS bindings, and DNS settings.
Do I need an Autodiscover.xml file? Tried one and still no success.
All of the verification tests fail and I am not getting the info into the client.

Do I need to have Active-Sync installed to use autodiscover? I also tried the ActiveSync manager which refers to an autodiscover service.
Do I need Enterprise Premium?

dcol

Re: Autodiscover not working

Post by dcol »

Bump.......
Does anyone have Autodiscover working without ActiveSync? Is this even possible? Does any ME support staff answer any forum messages anymore?

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

I have it working and it mostly works.

Do you have SRV record ( _autodiscover._tcp.yourdomain.com )configured in DNS as well as autodiscover.yourdomain.com A record?

dcol

Post by dcol »

Thanks for responding.
Followed the ME notes to the letter.
I have the correct SRV record and it responds correctly with nslookup. Also have the DNS A record autodiscover.mydomain.com setup.
Also setup the SSL cert fot https://autodiscover.mydomain.com.
Added the port 80 and 443 bindings to NETprotocol site

I have been working on this for 2 days trying every conceivable thing found in other posts. No luck. Fails all connectivity tests and trying it in Outlook client. Outlook client does fine if I manually set it up.

There are no URL Rewrite rules or custom Handlers. Everything is default. Also setup the localhost autodiscover properties and the domain autodiscover protocols.

Also, I assume I do not need an autodiscover.xml since that response should be handled by ME. And I assume you do not need ActiveSync licenses to work.

Maybe there is a bug in ME Enterprise 10.12?

dcol

Post by dcol »

Using IIS tracing the issue seems to be a 401 error access denied when trying to request the autodiscover info from ME.
Using the Outlook built in autodiscovey test, it shows going to the proper place, but it returns the 401 error.

I tried the same thing on a SM server and it works fine with all the same settings.

So there is something else I need to do to ME to get it to work. Tried all the choices in the MEinstaler.

Anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately the ME support people never seem to visit or respond to this forum.

dbarclay

Post by dbarclay »

Was there ever a resolution to this???

Matth

Post by Matth »

I'm struggling with this too. I got it to work on one domain, but any other I tried, doesn't work.

I do assume that each autodiscover needs its very own IP address. Since I only have one, I can't test it if that is the reason. I also keep pulling my hair as to why this doesn't work. It's really annoying... And the guide is not very clear in my opinion.