MAPI Connector or Calendar Sync Issue

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jeffhsu

MAPI Connector or Calendar Sync Issue

Post by jeffhsu »

I am using latest ME Premium 10.14
I have 2 PCs outlook 2013 and iphones
I have using MAPI Connector calendar syncing on one email, setup on all these devices
If we add a normal appointment, it got sync properly to all
But if we add a recurring appointment, it will not show
Both PCs using MAPI Connector 2.74
Is this a bug?

I also have feedback that if user enter appointment via handphone, sometimes it did not appear on their outlook calendar or other people handphone calendar.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: MAPI Connector or Calendar Sync Issue

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

I have tested using Outlook 2016 using the latest MAPI connector 2.74. The 2 clients were connected to the same mailbox. I created a reoccurring event in one Outlook client that was a daily occurrence ending after 10 days. This was synced to the other open Outlook 2016 MAPI Connector client. I emulate any problems therefore will require more specific details and steps to reproduce. Perhaps it might be faster to provide the details and relevant examples by submitting a support ticket vie the MailEnable support form below:

https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jeffhsu

Post by jeffhsu »

But like mentioned my clients are Outlook 2013 not 2016 as you have tested

I faced more issues with calendar syncing

2nd issue, I delete MAPI, use ActiveSync instead
Now the problem is I have 2 computers using ActiveSync of same email
The calendar is still giving problems
I double and triple confirm the system timing on the 2 PCs are set to UTC+8 Kuala Lumpur, Singapore timing
I also confirm the 2 outllooks default calendar time zone is set to the same time zone
I also confirm in the webmail of this email, the time zone is set to same Singapore time zone

However now, in the receiving PCs's outlook's calendar always show in the a different timezone name although in theory, it is also UTC+8 Beijing, ChongChing, Hong Kong
In theory Singapore and Beijing is in the same UTC +8 time, however we did not choose Beijing timezone,
why the receiving PC show in this Beijing time zone for a lot of appointments
the more important issue, is users complain that the time of the appointment can delay for 1 hour, displaying wrong time

I face problems in MAPI and ActiveSync calendar

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

I think the best way forward would be to lodge a support ticket and provide the details and examples via your ticket. This way we can analyse the mailbox calendar files in more detail. You can lodge the ticket via the form below:

https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support