Smart MX Spammers

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

Smart MX Spammers

Post by jglazer »

So I have my postoffice email going through a spam host prior hitting MailEnable. It works wonderfully. Really cuts down on the mail getting to MailEnable. Problem is that other postoffices on my server do NOT use that spam solution so I cannot lock MailEnable to just the IP of the spam filter. I also cannot lock my postoffice to the IP of the spam filter because that feature is missing from MailEnable (huge, huge, huge spam vulnerability).

I am still getting spam because it hits MailEnable directly. Evidently it got the IP from before I had spam and now it won't respect the currect MX records. So I change the MailEnable Incoming IP address thinking that should kill it. Nope, evidently the spam source scans IP subnets along the class C range until it finds it then continues to send spam.

I've tried filters but its very difficult to filter on words like "penis", "P-enis", "pen-is", etc... reliably. I'd love to be able to set a postoffice filter to simply reject email that doesn't come from a specific IP but that filter is missing in the list of available filters.

Does anyone have any suggestions? There's no way to get all my postoffices on the spam solution.

Thanks!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Smart MX Spammers

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Re: Smart MX Spammers

Post by jglazer »

Thanks Ian. It looks promising and it should, I think, allow me to mark as spam, anything not coming from a specific IP.