Bypass filtering for user contacts?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
kiamori

Bypass filtering for user contacts?

Post by kiamori »

How can we make a bypass of the filters for each user's contact list?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Bypass filtering for user contacts?

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Do you mean how to create a filter to stop processing other filters if the address listed in the criteria file is a valid mailbox address? If so an example below:

Example:

Code: Select all

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"<REFERENCE><FILE>validaddresses.txt</FILE><PATH>C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Config\Filters\Patterns</PATH><REFERENCE>") THEN
FilterResult=1
End If
Add an action "Stop Processing" filters and order the filter at the top of the filters list. You will also need to create the file "validaddresses.txt" in the nominated path and add each email address in the .txt file embraced with wildcards. I.e: *mailboxname@example.com*
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

I mean, if the user has someone in their contacts why when they send email does it still go to their junk email folder and how can we fix this for all users. For example

Domain1
user1
contact1
contact2

contact1(hosted on some other server) sends email to user1@domain1 which is hosted on our server. Why do we not have a basic rule that states, if sender is contact of user then bypass filers?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you whitelisted the sender address in the web mail client under the options page?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Can we not automate this process for all user contacts? Some users have hundreds of contacts that are imported into the system when they migrate to our services.

all of the other mail services white list contacts, how can we make this happen for ME?

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

still looking for this, I don't mind writing a server side script or something but this needs to be automated for all users.