Outgoing SMTP IP by Postoffice

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

Outgoing SMTP IP by Postoffice

Post by jglazer »

I have an installation with a lot of post offices. Inevitably, someone in one post office gets hacked into and that account used for spam which, in turn, causes the IP to be black listed until I can resolve it. Is there any way to specify an SMTP IP for outgoing mail on a post office basis so not everyone is hurt by this?

Thanks
Last edited by jglazer on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jglazer

Re: Outgoing SMTP Port by Postoffice

Post by jglazer »

Bump

cfdynamics

Re: Outgoing SMTP Port by Postoffice

Post by cfdynamics »

Blacklists look at the IP the traffic is coming from. Changing an outgoing port would not help you. About the only thing you would be able to do is add another IP to the machine if you have one and change the IP binding in the SMTP service properties.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

jglazer

Re: Outgoing SMTP IP by Postoffice

Post by jglazer »

I want to assign an outgoing IP by postoffice so that not every postoffice is effected when an IP is blacklisted or has a poor rep. That seems like it would be simple to do.

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Under the Servers branch in MailEnable Management right-click the localhost (what it says on my server) and select Properties. On the General page you can enable postoffice bindings and assign IPs per post office.

Cheers,
Brett

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

That sounds perfect. So I will be able to assign a few post offices to outgoing IP A and a few others to outgoing IP B?? That way is somehow A is added to a block list than it won't effect B? I am assuming I can assign multiple post offices to a single IP. Would be rather silly to limit this to just a 1-1 relationship.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Bump