Migration Mode

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
lowcountrytoday

Migration Mode

Post by lowcountrytoday »

Upgraded to version 10.16 Enterprise from Enterprise premium 7.60 on a new harware and started the migration utility to migrate one domain to test the new server. After testing the new server I deleted the migration that was in the queue. I then manually migrated the server by coping the postoffice directory and the config directory over.

The server is running great except for one thing.

Every time I run a diagnostic it tells me I am still in the migration Mode. I found a the Mailenable Migration Service in the Admin and turned it off.

In the Migration Utility scope or monitor there is nothing showing min migration status.

So just how would one take the server out of Migration Mode? I see nothing in the Migration Utility to turn it off even on the advanced tab.

lowcountrytoday

Re: Migration Mode

See, there is an issue and six days go by with lousy support. I take it you want me to purchase a token to get an answer. My advice, don't waste your money on this product.

I guess I have to un-install it and then re-install it. Bet it will still be in the migration mode. I will be retiring at the end of the year and I won't have to deal with this lousy service any longer.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The forum is a discussion board and should not be used for managed support. While we try and answer all posts sometimes there will be delays. When you upgrade and you have upgrade issues you can lodge a support ticket under "Upgrade" which is a free submission.

To disable migration mode open the migration utility and navigate to the "Advanced" tab. Select the option for "Capturing and queuing of new login attempts is disabled".
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

lowcountrytoday

Well, maybe your support is lacking and people don't know about your free installation help. Now on to the issue, You said I could do this to disable the migration mode: To disable migration mode open the migration utility and navigate to the "Advanced" tab. Select the option for "Capturing and queuing of new login attempts is disabled".

Problem is nothing showed up when I looked at that page. It was blank. Only after upgrading to 10.18 did I see the option you were referring to, which allowed me to finally turn this off. Your 10.16 version didn't show anything.

After upgrading to 10.18 I was able to turn it off.

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

'See, there is an issue and six days go by with lousy support. I take it you want me to purchase a token to get an answer. My advice, don't waste your money on this product.'

I beg to differ. Mailenable is an excellent product and you'll likely not find a better price.

Email is complex and things will break from time and time and to some degree, you need to be able to manage it yourself to some degree. I've made some config mistakes in past and paid to fix what was a very simple fix if only I'd known where I screwed it up to begin with. Forums are also for community support, not specific tech support.

PeteBatin

Post by PeteBatin »

sagelike wrote:I beg to differ. Mailenable is an excellent product and you'll likely not find a better price.
+1 on this!

We've used many different mail servers in the past not only have their products been a shambles but their support was too. We would not switch from MailEnable now and we've always had a great service on the times we've had to use support!

Freedom

Post by Freedom »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:51 pm
To disable migration mode open the migration utility and navigate to the "Advanced" tab. Select the option for "Capturing and queuing of new login attempts is disabled".
That worked great - thanks!