Controlling Spam

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
TheNocDoc

Controlling Spam

Post by TheNocDoc »

Hello.
I have been running Mailenable Enterprise server for many years now. I am completely satisfied with the everyday operations of it. For the past several years, I have been using the MXSpam add-in for controlling the incoming junk. Unfortunately, as I'm sure everyone is aware, they have closed up shop and now no more updates.
For the past 7 months, the spam is getting worse and worse and I am looking for a better spam control system for Mailenable. I have looked into MagicSpam, has anyone had any luck with this product or maybe a better suggestion? My clients are getting a bit upset with all the new junk coming through.

Thanks for your time!
NocDoc

MegaByteSistemi

Re: Controlling Spam

Post by MegaByteSistemi »

Hi TheDocNoc,
in our little serverfarm, we've placed a WatchGuard Firewall Cluster before and after MailEnable, with all features enabled and we are very satisfied !
Certified Spam like 0%
Probably Spam like 1%
but very important, virus or cryptovirus are forgotten and we process like 150-200k email/day with near 5000 accounts.
Before this solution, we have used MxUptime...very functionally (with other type of AV) but slow, and after 40-50k email/day the system be not responsive.
Now the system load of Watchguard are near 15-20% max...
If u want some info, write me :-)

Regards

Alessandro Gennari
-----------------------------------------------
MegaByte Sistemi Informatici
Alessandro Gennari

rfwilliams777

Re: Controlling Spam

Post by rfwilliams777 »

The only concerns I have when using those services where email through another piece of hardware or over the internet to a company that then routes the emails back to server are:
1) bottleneck or latency issues with emails
2) although spam is spam and non-spam is usually non-spam, but what happens when someone fails a list (like Gmail or Live mail) because they just happen to be on there? In other words, having an on-premises/on-server solution that you manage allows you to customize the filtering to support individual client needs. It is one thing if you are only hosting email for a single domain/company but when you host multiple domains from multiple places in the country who receive email from all over the world, you cannot get too restrictive or tell the client "tough".
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!