IMAP Crashing

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
privateland

IMAP Crashing

Post by privateland »

Hi,
Using ME Enterprise V9.79

I have recently had multiple crashes on IMAP when restarting all services. The MSC management snap-in hangs as IMAP is stopping. Restarting from the Services App on the OS and it reports that the service has started, but it hasn't (see log entry below).

The problem is recurring regularly. The log entry looks like this;
"The description for Event ID 1 from source Inbound Agent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this
event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component
on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
MailEnable IMAP Service (C:\PROGRA~2\MAILEN~1\Bin64\MEIMAPS.exe) error: 10048
ME-F0083: Unable to bind to IP Address ((All)), Port (143), Family (2). Error (10048). Could not start service. Check
that another service is not running or security software has not prevented access to the port."
Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.
John

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: IMAP Crashing

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please update to version 9.81 to ensure you ave all the latest fixes. Its a free upgrade and can be found at the link below:

https://www.mailenable.com/downloadprevious.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

privateland

Post by privateland »

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the installer halts as soon as it starts as it triggers a virus alert - something previous installers did not (and still don't as gave them a test run).
After disabling the AV, the installer then hung at the point where it had to stop services (exactly the problem I have routinely with the program).
To prepare, I first shut down all ME services and the AV, then ran the installer again. Now it is hanging as it writes the files to the hard disk.

I have downloaded the installer a couple of time in case there was a corrupted download,but the problem remains.

Have there been any other reported problems with the 981 installer?

NB: KB4345425 can't run on my server (Win Server 2012 R2 Standard).

Regards
John

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Check this thread out and see if this your problem: https://www.mailenable.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=42514

If not then the best way forward would be to lodge a support ticket and provide the technician with RDP login details or Teamviewer access to troubleshoot further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

privateland

Post by privateland »

Thanks Ian. A reinstall of the newest version (I thought development had ceased on the previous version) fixed the problem