MAIL Enable Enterprise Premium 6.88 to Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 10.19 (Latest)

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
tanveer.hussain

MAIL Enable Enterprise Premium 6.88 to Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 10.19 (Latest)

Post by tanveer.hussain »

Hi,

We are going to plan below scenario in coming days that to migrate as subject.

Mail Enable Primary Server - MAIL-01 (172.17.0.210)

OS Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
Mail Enable Version: Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 6.88
ME Application: F:\ Drive
ME Configuration: F:\ Drive
ME Message Store Repository F:\ Drive

Migration Test on Mail Enable 10.19. for this Installed fresh below OS with below Mail Enable version on new storage (Blank).

OS Version: Windows Server 2016 Standard
Mail Enable Version: Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 10.19
ME Application: F:\ Drive
ME Configuration: F:\ Drive
ME Message Store Repository F:\ Drive

Followed this link to migrate IIS https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/a ... D=ME020642
Copy and replace below Folders on new server
F:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Dictionaries (Optional - Professional and Enterprise only)
F:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Config (Mandatory - contains configuration information)
F:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Postoffices (Mandatory - contains postoffices and messages)
F:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bad Mail (Optional - contains Bad Mail messages)
F:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Logging (Optional - contains log files)
F:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Queues (Optional - contains messages queued for delivery)
but we unable to get the Messaging Manager and Servers configuration in new server with Mail Enable 10.19. if anything i missed please let me know.

i tested this scenerio twice but unable to get the configuration on new server.

regards,

Tanveer Hussain

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: MAIL Enable Enterprise Premium 6.88 to Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 10.19 (Latest)

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The settings for the MailEnable services etc., are stored in the MailEnable registry. It is not recommended exporting the registry from legacy server and importing it into the new server as there will different IP bindings etc that will cause problems. You will need to set the settings manually on the new server by opening the proprieties for each service and then comparing.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

tanveer.hussain

Re: MAIL Enable Enterprise Premium 6.88 to Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 10.19 (Latest)

Post by tanveer.hussain »

Thanks IAN for quick respond.