Webmail password reset not working

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sagelike

Webmail password reset not working

Post by sagelike »

Hi there,

The webmail password reset function doesn't work. I try to change the password and it appears to accept the password change but old password continues to work and new password does not.

When I run Diagnostics, it generates two errors:

Permissions: C:\PROGRA~2\MAILEN~1\Bin64 Problem: IME_SYSTEM not granted access. Reason: Checked 10 Entries (ACEs) in the Access List (DACL), but could not find account SID that matches within any of them. Warning Fail

Permissions: C:\PROGRA~2\MAILEN~1\Bin64\MEAIAU.DLL Problem: IME_SYSTEM not granted access. Reason: Checked 4 Entries (ACEs) in the Access List (DACL), but could not find account SID that matches within any of them.

Any solutions for this problem?

Thanks
G

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail password reset not working

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

I have tried emulating your steps without success. I'm using Enterprise 10.23 and able to reset the password using the web mail password recovery option without any problems.

Those permission base failures in the diagnostic report should not have any impact on the problem. What version of MailEnable are you running? if not the latest then upgrade and try again. If using password policies under the "localhost" properties within the "Policies" tab then try to disable this temporarily and try your tests again.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

Hi Ian,

I tried disabling localhost > Policies and I still couldn't change password.

Password change used to work but it's been awhile since I've tried so not sure how long it hasn't been working. I upgraded to 10.21 about 1 month ago and running on Windows 2008R2.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks
G

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Does it happen a brand new mailbox? Does the password contain extended characters or spaces? Perhaps log a support ticket and provide access to the problematic mailbox so we can check further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

It happens with older mailboxes as well and tried with new password using alphanumeric only characters only.

I'll submit a ticket.

thx