MailEnable - what's your opinion?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

Re: MailEnable - what's your opinion?

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Unless you use Active Sync within MailEnable, there will be a difference in how email, contacts, and calendar will be synced across Outlook and whatever devices you desire to connect to the server. The connections are POP3 and IMAP. There is nothing wrong with either but in case they only want an Exchange-like environment they may be a bit disappointed. Beyond that, MailEnable is a GREAT solution and I have been using it for 15+ years.

Before you migrate your clients out of exchange, be sure to export their calendar, contacts, and email into individual PST files.

Since Windows 2000/2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft, I would assume you would want to go with Windows 2016 or at least 2012r2. MailEnable supports both 32-bit and 64-bit. Setting up the server and accounts is relatively easy provided you have everything you need: DNS properly set up, a list of the email accounts and their passwords (or new passwords), and a proper spam filter. I have set up a number of mail servers even for other businesses and be hired to help you.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

kiamori

Re: MailEnable - what's your opinion?

Post by kiamori »

We've migrated over 3,000 users away from Exchange to Mailenable,

MAPI connector for outlook works well, it does have a bit of a performance reduction in loading larger email boxes (10GB+).
CalDAV + CardDAV for Android and iPhone work great.
Webmail is good, but it currently has some bugs with deleting multiple items in larger mailboxes, they reappear after a second and you have to refresh the page to get them to go away. ME support is unable to replicate so it may be our envirnment somehow.
Anti-Spam, This requires quite a bit of work to get it to where it needs to be but the function is in ME, it just takes a lot of rules and configuration.

Two things that I get the most compliants about,
1) people on address book are not automatically added to white list.
2) whitelisting a sender does not always work, it seems that ME team has it so it only looks at the envelope sender when it white lists a sender. This can cause issues when white listing a lot of newsletter type notifications.

All in all we have several email systems: Mailenable, Imail, SM, a custom solution, sendmail and mailenable is at the top of that list. I just wish they would fix a few things and add some requested features then I would replace a few of our other systems with mailenable as well.