Web Admin

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Post Reply
privateland
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Web Admin

Post by privateland » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:13 pm

My Web Admin and Webmail has been working happily for a while. In fact the webmail is a mission critical thing for me, and web admin is a godsend when on the move.

Today though, I tried to log in to Web Admin (first time since Friday - and no server changes save for a Windows 2012 update) only to find an ASP,net error message;
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Hoodoo/lang/EN/login.aspx
Panicking, I immediately logged into Webmail which is unaffected.
On inspection have no idea what the "Hoodoo" in the url is because there is nothing on the machine with that name.

Is it possible a windows update has caused this? My major worry is that the webmail catches whatever bug has caused this problem.

Regards
John

Brett Rowbotham
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:48 am
Location: Cape Town

Re: Web Admin

Post by Brett Rowbotham » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:11 am

Hoodoo was the name of a previous skin. Try replacing that name with Mondo, which is the latest skin.

privateland
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Web Admin

Post by privateland » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I tried that. URL redirects immediately to Hoodoo again.
Been searching for a setting in a config file, but so far no luck.

J

privateland
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Web Admin

Post by privateland » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Sussed it out.
Turns out one of the SYSADMINS had changed the default display (in the webadmin page) to "Hoodoo"). There is a dropdownlist containing Mondo and Hoodoo. The reference to Hoodoo has never been removed. Problem is that it then renders subsequent logins to Webadmin impossible (thus the 404 error I was getting)
There is no configurable option on the Webadmin website (althuugh there appear to be several orphan references to global.asax.vb and default.aspx.vb files.

Painstaking searches got me nowhere so I went into the registry and found the offending entry which I amended from "Hoodoo" to read "Mondo".

Worked like a charm.

Worth noting that changing the default display in Webadmin site causes this failure

Post Reply