AUP nonsense

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
dcol

AUP nonsense

Post by dcol »

Is this a scam? Received email saying my annual contract is due. Never had this before and I have had ME for 4 years. On top of that, it is $270. ME support has been practically non-existent for the last 2 years and they haven't made any feature enhancement in over 2 years. I figured the devs have left the project. So why would I bother with this AUP since there seems to be no benefit and it looks like a new thing they conjured up to make money. When I purchased ME Enterprise it was free lifetime upgrades, no mention of an AUP.

Anyone who falls for this is an idiot, and if they pursue it, that is my incentive to find a better product.

kiamori

Re: AUP nonsense

Post by kiamori »

AUP is only if you want the newest version and support, if you don't then don't renew.

We pay it just for the software updates and although the support is not the best, its also far from the worst. We replaced all of our Ipswitch Imail server software with Mailenable. If you want to see crazy renewal fee's go check out Imail, that's why they lost us and many other clients. We also have several other mail servers including exchange and SM, all of them are more expensive than ME.

rbrilla

Post by rbrilla »

Hi,

i am new with Mail Enable.
We replaced Icewarp with Mailenable about 2 Weeks ago and planned to get the AUP after 1 year.
ME has to be configured a lot different than icewarp. Maybe some things are weird (the spam Report in Icewarp is a lot more comfortable for the user, Login via Alias, Migration Contacts/Calendar doesn´t work ... ) .... but....
Icewarp's pricing policy is impossible. They have quadrupled the price for the 1 year update !!! In response to the question of why these extreme price increases were mentioned as the reason, antispam and antivirus. The fact that there is now a distribution for Germany that should be paid somehow was not mentioned. Apparently it doesn't matter that we used Icewarp/Merkus for nearly 20 years !!!.
We could not bear the price increase and hopefully made the right decision for Mailenable.

Greetings from Germany

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you purchased 4 years ago, AUP had already existed 5 years before that. Minor updates have always been free, and before AUP the major upgrades were always a paid upgrade (if you were outside the free upgrade period). AUP is not compulsory and has allowed us to extend the free major upgrade period to 12 months and has allowed us to include features into releases without have to hold them off until we get enough for an upgrade. We've been continually adding features and improvements, and recently completed the EWS protocol which is going to be available soon. If you are are unable about anything, please contact our sales persons to see if they can help in any way.