Email creation error when using ^ character

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
aremdee

Email creation error when using ^ character

Post by aremdee »

Originally I had thought this was a Plesk problem. What I reported was that if this ^ character is used in the email password field, then Plesk reports an error, the email address is created but disabled. It needs to be deleted on the server before trying again in Plesk. And when one of their engineers checked it out they discovered that they couldn't reproduce the error on their test system so asked for credentials. Trying through Plesk Panel on our server they were able to also recreate the error. So long as the ^ character isn't used everything seems OK. Upon investigating however, they found that even creating an email account in the Mailenable management console directly on the server via RDP, an error also occurs, but this time with an error "Failed to get authentication details from configuration to update. Password could not be updated" message. Again the email address is created but it's disabled. As such the Plesk engineer has deemed the problem to lie with Mailenable and not with Plesk. Has anyone else had this issue or is it unique to our server?

Thanks
Roger

aremdee

Re: Email creation error when using ^ character

Post by aremdee »

Just thought I'd add that an underscore is another character that cause the error. Just found that out after resetting a customers email password.
Roger