[System Spam Filter]

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
garabed

[System Spam Filter]

Post by garabed »

Hello everyone, for a couple of months now, I have been experiencing a series of false positives for some emails from some senders who had never had problems before.

In the email headers I find:

X-Me-Content: Deliver-To=Junk
X-Me-Spam: No (-45),AS:-0,PT:-5,RB:-5,BY:-20,SP:-30,VI:-0,SA:0,BM:-0,SU:-0,IS:20,FE:-5

And in MTAFilter log:

04/07/20 08:39:40 Executed AAD0A3F8C3564B59B987C7B3EE3D1EEA.MAI SMTP [System Spam Filter] ADD_HEADER [SMTP:*******@********] xx.xxx.xxx.xxx No (-45),AS:-0,PT:-5,RB:-5,BY:-20,SP:-30,VI:-0,SA:0,BM:-0,SU:-0,IS:20,FE:-5 R: *********

So I can't understand, why Delivery-To=Junk header is added?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: [System Spam Filter]

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please review the following article to gain a better understanding how the "Deliver to junk" header is being added:

https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020529
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

garabed

Post by garabed »

Thank you for your reply Ian, but I still can't understand why these messages were marked as spam.
Can you explain me deeply?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The article explains how to trace through the relevant log files to determine how the header was added. Did you do this? Without the relevant log files for the example message I cant determine why. The only way the the deliver to junk header is added is if you created a filter and added the "Mark as spam" action to the filter or if the SMTP option "Reverse DNS blacklisting" triggered and actioned with "Mark as Spam".
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support