Incredibly slow to non-responsive on new install

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
RichInMich

Incredibly slow to non-responsive on new install

Post by RichInMich »

We are experiencing extremely slow performance after migrating from our Exchange setup. Running Enterprise 10.30 and Outlook Connector 2.75.

Those users who use Activesync on their phones see spotty results - inboxes take HOURS to sync, even though it's set to push notifications. My inbox right now is saying it updated, however the newest email in it was from 16 hours ago (I have had several new emails since then).

Outlook 2016 itself regularly stops and shows "Updating Inbox" modal dialog, despite the box being checked saying "Hide Download Progress."

In Outlook, right clicking on a folder and selecting "Mark All As Read" does not work at all -- this is a HUGE problem for us.

Server it's installed on is a virtual machine with Windows 2019 Std installed, has memory dynamically allocated (8GB min, 52GB max) with 6 CPUs allocated to it. Memory in use right now is 3.4GB with 4.5GB available/unused.

Task Manager is basically flat-lined, showing no stress at all on the server.
MailEnable Task Mgr.png
MailEnable Task Mgr.png (55.14 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Ran Process Monitor on w3wp.exe and pretty much see nothing out of the ordinary, except for several NAME COLLISION items for one of our ActiveSync users.

ME Diagnostic report shows everything as PASS (although it reports my Windows version as Server 2012 v6.2).

I'm completely at a loss here, why is this thing running so slowly?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Incredibly slow to non-responsive on new install

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The MailEnable MAPI Connector for Outlook is not ActiveSync. It provides similar sync functionality as ActiveSync and Exchange services but uses IMAP as the transport method. Therefore when you created the Outlook account did you select the MailEnable Server as the transport or did you create an EAS account?

For the mobile devices connecting via ActiveSync you will need to enable EAS logging on the server to see what the devices are doing at the time. Some devices, even though they receive notifications of new mail will not update the inbox if there are other syncs on folders are taking place (Outlook will try to sync all folder content that's on the server, if the mailbox is large then this may take some time to fully sync).

Here is an article that explains how to enable server side EAS logging: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020611
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support