Folder config/migrate/debug filling up with spamfiles

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sindrehi

Folder config/migrate/debug filling up with spamfiles

Post by sindrehi »

Hi,

I've just reallized that the folder config/migrate/debug is filling up with spamfiles. It is 1kb files containing this content
Queued Migration Mode
Account:
Original UserName: publisher
MigrationSettings: Disabled
Status: No host was supplied; migration strategy is ineffective

Why is this happening? Is it because somebody tries to use the migration service to hack server?
We have disabled the migration service because its not in use, but it is still happening.

So its two concerns here.
1. Is it a threat to the server that somebody tries to use migration service without access?
2. How to clean up to folder automatically.

When I reallized the problem I had approx 500 000 files in the debug folder. Small files so space is not the biggest problem, but we do not want so many files if we dont need them.

I was looking into the management service to see if there was any cleanup service, but I couldnt find any.

Best Regards
Sindre Hiåsen

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Folder config/migrate/debug filling up with spamfiles

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Most likely its because you have the "MailEnable Migration Centre" utility set to "Capture username/passwords that are attempted and do not exist locally" enabled. Navigate within the MailEnable program group under the Windows start menu to the "Migration" folder and open the migration utility. Navigate to the "Advanced" tab and set the option to "Capturing and queuing of new login attempts is disabled". You can safely delete all the files within the "Debug" folder and then monitor to see if issues persist after the disabling the option in the migration utility.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sindrehi

Re: Folder config/migrate/debug filling up with spamfiles

Post by sindrehi »

Thank you, it solved the issue.

Best Regards,
SIndre HIåsen