Disconnect errors during download

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

Disconnect errors during download

Post by jglazer »

I have a customer using the mapi plugin for the exchange services. He has a number of employees that get lots of mail. They get the following error in outlook:

Code: Select all

The connection to the server was interrupted while transferring data
I think it is because their sent folder is huge or they get a ton of mail or I don't know.

Is there any way to tell outlook to regularly pull down folders other than inbox. Specifically SENT? Any ideas how I can fix this issue? We have a lot of other customers without issue. Just this particular one has high traffic.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Disconnect errors during download

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

There is an option in the MAPI properties named "Download contents for inactive folders" located under the "Connection" tab. Although enabling the option will download all the emails in all folders and may take a while to do this. AS to why the connection errors are occurring its difficult to determine without analyzing log files. Firewalls/proxies could be triggering on message data and dropping the connection. Antivirus programs can also cause problems.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Hi Ian, thanks for the fast response.

I'll give this a try.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Unfortunately, he has had this checked for a long time and there are still a ton of emails waiting for download.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ensure they are running the latest version of the connector available on our beta page.

https://www.mailenable.com/beta/

If the latest version does not help then we will require the client enable MAPI client side logging and provide copies of the log files and details of the messages that are not synced the client. You will need to submit a support ticket to provide the information.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support