Something went wrong

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
aremdee

Something went wrong

Post by aremdee »

Not sure what happened to this customer, all he said was that he inadvertently deleted his inbox then put the deleted items back in inbox. He is using IMAP on his phone where this occurred. He now has 66.3GB in his his inbox, or 237,047 files. He is slowly deleting the duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates etc. but it will take a long time. Is there an easy solution. He doesn't want to lose any emails but this is causing MEPOCS to have difficulty processing the outbound queue. I had thought I could remove all the files from his inbox, put them back a 1000 at a time and delete the duplicates through webmail. Will this work though?

Thanks.
Roger

rfwilliams777

Re: Something went wrong

Post by rfwilliams777 »

The manual way, unfortunately, is the only way.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

aremdee wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 pm
Not sure what happened to this customer, all he said was that he inadvertently deleted his inbox then put the deleted items back in inbox. He is using IMAP on his phone where this occurred. He now has 66.3GB in his his inbox, or 237,047 files. He is slowly deleting the duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates etc. but it will take a long time. Is there an easy solution. He doesn't want to lose any emails but this is causing MEPOCS to have difficulty processing the outbound queue. I had thought I could remove all the files from his inbox, put them back a 1000 at a time and delete the duplicates through webmail. Will this work though?

Thanks.
1. Ask him to delete everything from his email client.
2. Then restore the latest backup to his email folder
3. and ask him to re-connect with IMAP which will do the trick

* Only works if you have backup copies of your client's email

aremdee

Post by aremdee »

Thanks fellas, in the end he got so frustrated that he allowed me to archive the inbox and delete everything in there so he can receive emails again. I have offered him the archive so he can go through the email manually as time permits.

Regards
Roger