migration of mail-enable on another server

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
ATripathi

migration of mail-enable on another server

Post by ATripathi »

Hi,
I need to migrate our mail enable server on another server because old server not responding well.

I need all stesp. as i am trying with KB ME020073, but this is not fully cleared.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: migration of mail-enable on another server

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What part of the article is not clear?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

ATripathi

Post by ATripathi »

I need a full steps how to migrate old server into another server.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The article ME020073 contains the full step by step procedure to migrate MailEnable configuration and data from one server to another. What part is not clear in that article?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Gianluca

Post by Gianluca »

Hi,
I exploit this post because it already exists and make my own reflection. In the whole procedure however the problem is the OUT time of the source server. Often we do not have that much time to proceed with the migration. So I was thinking of starting over a'weekend' (Saturday and Sunday), leaving the origin server in production on Monday. By creating a second MX record with a higher time, we should be able to download the emails to the new server during the downtime of the original server. During the week I would synchronise the two servers with FreeFileSync (ME020714). The following weekend I would have less out than the original server. On Monday the new server should be in production. Can my thoughts on the migration operation be correct?

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Depending on network throughput, you may have issues where users have missing emails. I also don't know if this syncs all folders such as Calendar and Contacts (if they used the webmail).
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!