Folders are not populating in webmail

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

Folders are not populating in webmail

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I have version 10.37 Enterprise. Usually when a user has a problem with folders not appearing or huge chunks of emails have been moved, I clear the index files and the folder/s reindexes. However, I have one particular user who has about 6 folders that are not appearing in the webmail at all. I put the change.dty file in those missing folders and in the root of his webmail and still, those folders do not exist. They exist on the server using File Explorer but not webmail.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Folders are not populating in webmail

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Is it the actual folder that is missing or the content in the folders? If folder then you need to delete the folder.xml file which is the file that is used to list folders. How did the user create the folders?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Folders don’t show up on the left side of the webmail so I am unable to see any emails in those folders. I did try deleting all of those index files to no avail. That is when I added the change file.
I truly do not know if an iPad created the folders or webmail created the folders. But basically it only shows the mail folders (Inbox, drafts, sent, etc) but none of his other folders. I was going to try deleting his account (making a backup if his folders and content first) and setting it back up and then adding those folders and emails back.
Robert Williams, Owner
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Or lodge a ticket and provide access to the server and we can check the mailbox contents in more detail.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

(This isn’t because I didn’t want to pay for support. I just simply decided to do this just so a resolution was done and over.)
I backed up his stuff, deleted his account, and then restored everything. He can see everything. The real test will come when later he creates folders and whether or not he can see them.
Robert Williams, Owner

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ok perhaps have the client note down the steps when he does create or edit others folder and details of the connecting client etc.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Folders are not populating in webmail [update 1-4]

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I am experiencing this issue with another user. All of their folders are missing. I can see them in Outlook but the webmail is NOT populating them despite deleting the xml files and putting the change file in every folder.

Also I created folders using Outlook 2021for this client (I created an IMAP account). I can see all of her folders. I updated/renamed a couple of folders in Outlook, the names did not update on the server physically. I created a folder in Outlook, no folder exists on the server. I am using the 10.38 Beta. None of the folders created using the webmail prior and creating them or renaming them today in Outlook reflects nothing in the webmail.
Robert Williams, Owner