Renaming post office utility does not work

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sagelike

Renaming post office utility does not work

Post by sagelike »

Hi there,

I'm trying to rename a post office and the post office renaming utility does not work. It works for a bit then shows Not Responding at which time I have to kill it. I tried a few times.

I disabled all email services and web server and this made no difference. I did rename a post office about 6 months ago but it was a smaller PO with only 1 or 2 email accounts and little email.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Or, is there a way I could use the Migration utility to migrate email from the old domain name to a new domain name on the same server?

Thanks
G

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Renaming post office utility does not work

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

How many users are there in the postoffice? If there are many users and large amounts of data it will take while to complete. It may seem unresponsive but let it complete.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

Thanks Ian. There's 7 accounts, none to large in terms of email.

Will this work even if all mail services are on or should they be turned off? Turning off mail services for an hour is a long stretch, even in the wee hours.

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

I tried again last night and let it run for more than an hour with services disabled and still no joy. :cry:

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Is the utility run as administrator? Try run process monitor and filter on "RenamePO.exe" to check the activity and see what the utility is doing at the time. I tried it and worked, although I renamed a postoffice with small amount of users.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support