Move domains to another Postbox?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
busybird

Move domains to another Postbox?

Post by busybird »

Hi

I have read many answers to this question but don't really have a clear understanding of what I need to do. I have several clients who, over the years, have added more domains and mailboxes to their email account with us. Example: Company A had domain xyz.com in 2019 and we created a new postoffice with the domain (and mailboxes). In 2020 they added abc.com and we created another new postoffice with the new domain and mailboxes. In 2021 they added foobar.com and, again, we created a new postoffice with the domain foobar.com and the mailboxes.

This has happened a lot and I would like to create (for example) a new postoffice called COMPANYA and add their domains (xyz.com/abc.com/foobar.com) to the new postoffice AND the existing mailboxes and email messages in all their folders.

My question is - is there a utility that can do this and, if not, can anyone provide instructions on how this can be done manually (I have full Administrator access to my dedicated server via Remote Desktop). I have 60 clients with about 300 domains between then and bunching their domains/mailboxes into ONE postoffice for their company would tidy up the display and (presumably) simplify the directory structure on the server.

Also - are their any downsides to doing this? Should I do it (with suitable instructions?) or should I just carry on doing what we've been doing already and just created a new postoffice with a single domain in it even if the client has multiple domains/email accounts with us?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Nick