XMPP issues

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
SantaPhil

XMPP issues

Post by SantaPhil »

We decided to give XMPP a try with our techs in the field. We set up the Mailenable XMPP server and we can connect to it via Jitsi and Pidgin on the desktops. We have tried a number of android clients and we can message ok but we cannot send or receive files or pictures in either direction.

As far as the IOS clients, we have been unable to connect at all. I suspect something is wrong with the way SSL is working.

We are using the same certificate that is active for the mail server and it checks out just fine on all of the TLS and SSL testers. However all of the clients seem to have issues connecting unless I ignore the certificate on the mobile app. We are using mail.domain.com for the mail server as well as the XMPP server. I created the SRV files in the DNS records to point to mail.domain.com but for some reason when I connect to the server with the apps, I get an error saying it is trying to connect to and use only the domain.com certificate and not mail.domain.com cert.

Am I missing something here? It seems pretty simple. Also why wont files send through the server. Are there any other settings that need to be set for that?

If I cannot get this working, anyone have a good recommendation for a messaging server and associated mobile apps.

Help would be appreciated,

Phil

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: XMPP issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

For your iPhone connectivity issues what client are you using? I tried using "Monal XMPP chat" and was able to set that up simply specifying my email address and password against our test servers without issues.

As for your Android transferring files issues the best way forward to troubleshoot this would be to lodge a support ticket and then provide copies of the XMPP log files so we can see what is occurring in more detail.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support