AppData PST File Location Error

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
simspe

AppData PST File Location Error

Post by simspe »

I have MailEnable Enterprise running and everything seems to be working fine. I was trying to configure a user with Outlook 2019 today and after setting up the account via the MAPI connector and restarting Outlook, I get the following error message.

The set of folders cannot be opened. You can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder.

I've researched (Google and this forum) and tried several methods but am not able to move the PST file from the AppData location. What's the correct resolution to this?

Thanks,
Tom

simspe

Re: AppData PST File Location Error

Post by simspe »

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I'm not able to use the MAPI plugin at this point which is why we purchased the Enterprise version of the software. Without that, we would not have purchased MailEnable. If anyone is able to help with this I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tom

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The PST is stored under the AppData folder for the user you are logged in as. What version of Outlook are you using? Is your AppData on a local drive? You may be best to submit a support ticket to get someone to go through this with you (https://www.mailenable.com/support.asp).

simspe

Post by simspe »

Standard Outlook 2019 with the standard user path to AppData on a local drive.

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Outlook should not be adding the 'Outlook Data File' .pst to your appdata folder, it should be in your User\Documents\Outlook Files\

Your issue is an outlook issue, not a MailEnable or MAPI connector issue since the MAPI connector does not set the .pst file location, outlook does.

simspe

Post by simspe »

I don't know that this is an Outlook problem though I'm aware that Outlook makes the decision about where to store the PST file. I've tried several methods to tell Outlook to save the PST file elsewhere with no success. I am able to successfully add a standard IMAP account and Outlook works fine with that. It's only when I use the MAPI plugin to create a MailEnable account that the error about the PST file shows up. So while I agree that the issue might be an Outlook issue, since the error only occurs when creating an account through the MAPI plugin, and not with other account types in Outlook, it seems the issue is intertwined with the MAPI plugin somehow.

simspe

Post by simspe »

Doesn't anyone have any other thoughts on this? I've tried everything I can find to try with Outlook and Windows and still don't have this resolved.

Thanks.