Protocol Restrictions

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
MartynK

Protocol Restrictions

Post by MartynK »

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or it does not work the way I think, but can I ?

Set the defaults to only allow webmail to a domain, and then enable other protocols for specific users. Or do I have to enable all and the disable for specific users ?

Also is the any way these can be set using ASP ?

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Bump - anyone with an answer ?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

"Enterprise Edition allows you to define whether or not particular services are available at a post office level and then a mailbox level. If you disable a service for a post office, then none of the mailboxes in that post
office will be able to access the service. "

It is done at a postoffice level not a domain level. Disabling at a postoffice will override any mailbox level settings. ie: if you disable webmail at a postoffice level, none of the mailboxes under the postoffice will be able to access webmail. You will notice that if you disable webmail for a postoffice that the service comes up as access denied under the mailboxes in the postoffice (because the postoffice setting overrides the mailbox setting).

The exact means of enabling and disabling services programatically has not added to the API as yet but will made available as soon as possible. The values are stored in the Postoffice.SYS and mailbox sys files and can be managed by the System Object provider. Details for using the System Object Provider are outlined in the current revision API Guide.
Regards, Andrew

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Thats a shame, can I request a change so that you can disable at the top level but enable at the mailbox level. If not its a hell of a lot of work to manage this.

Thanks

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

There are tools for making "bulk" changes to configuration items like this. I beleive they are going to be published onto the utilities page within the next few weeks. The tool to make bulk changes to mailbox settings.
Regards, Andrew