Webmail Preview Pane

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sdewitt

Webmail Preview Pane

Post by sdewitt »

Is it gone? Since the upgrade I no longer have it. It will ioen up a new window.

Shannon

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

There is a setting in webmail that can be changed to display in the same window. To do this navigate to Options>Settings in webmail and you will find "Compose message in a new window" tickbox. Tick this box if you would like to compose in the a new window. Ensure to hit the update button was the setting has been changed.

regards,

JohnC

Post by JohnC »

That setting does not appear here -

JohnC

lshigdon

Preview

Post by lshigdon »

If you check that box, it will launch a new window. I think you are talking about a top bottom preview pane right Shannon? I have the same problem since I upgraded.

Linc

Post by Guest »

Yea the old version (PRO) showed a preview pane at the bottom so you could view messages with opening a new windows or taking over your entire inbox folder. HELP. It is annoying.

sdewitt

anybody?

Post by sdewitt »

Yea, LSHIGDON that is correct. Anybody seen this?

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Yes it is true the Enterprise webmail does not allow the display window as per the Professional Edition Webmail. Funny in the Pro Forum there is a thread I answered where people wanted to be rid of this feature. It is possible to use the Pro skin instead of the Enterprise if this is desirable.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

sdewitt

Post by sdewitt »

No I love the Enterprise SKIN it is an improvement but I miss the window. It should be an optional thing.

avatel

Post by avatel »

+1
It would be much more ergonomic.
Customers are used to Outlook or OWA interface.

Arnaud

telecomputers

Unsatisfied

Post by telecomputers »

We have several clients who have complained about the size of the preview screen with PRO and the fact that there is no way to change it around. I was hopeful that the ENTERPRISE was going to allow us to resolve this issue - but I see now that we are better off waiting until this is resolved before we upgrade.

This should most certainly be a user defined feature. The end user should be able to decide and set this up the way they want it. Anything else is a step backward.
j@mes

MEpro 10.20
JAM Software - SpamAssassin in a Box

Josche

Preview Pane autosize

Post by Josche »

its really easy to allow the users to adjust the preview pane .. I did this almost immediately when I first installed MailEnable over a year ago...

(note: this is for the professional version ... Im working on reimplementing the preview pane for the enterprise version... unless the developers get it done before me .. hint hint)

Here is the original section in the file right.asp (located in deep in the WebMail directory.. WebMail\base\default\lang\EN\right.asp

Code: Select all

<FRAMESET FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0 ROWS="*,0">
	<FRAMESET FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMEBORDER=1 BORDER=0 ROWS="60,<%=Application("MessageListSize")%>,*,0">
		<FRAME SCROLLING="NO" SRC="Top.asp?ID=<%=server.urlencode(Request("ID"))%>&View=<%=CurrentView%>" NAME="Commands">
		<FRAME SCROLLING="AUTO" SRC="Forms/<%=CurrentView%>/List.asp?ID=<%=server.urlencode(Request("ID"))%>" NAME="messages">
		<FRAME SCROLLING="AUTO" SRC="Forms/<%=CurrentView%>/Preview.asp" NAME="PreviewPane">
		<FRAME SCROLLING="NO" SRC="Action.asp" NAME="ME_ActionPanel">
	</FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>
Change this line:

<FRAME SCROLLING="AUTO" SRC="Forms/<%=CurrentView%>/Preview.asp" NAME="PreviewPane">
To:

<FRAME BORDER=1 FRAMEBORDER=1 SCROLLING="AUTO" SRC="Forms/<%=CurrentView%>/Preview.asp" NAME="PreviewPane" style="border-top-style:solid;border-top-color:black;border-top-width:2px;cursor:n-resize">
Notice the border style.. when the client hovers over this black bar, the cursor will change and they can move it dynamically up or down

Cheers

:)

Josche MacDonnell

sdewitt

Post by sdewitt »

I hope the preview pane comes back soon. WINK WINK

telecomputers

Thanks Josche

Post by telecomputers »

The preview code worked out great. Thanks for the help with that. Please let me know if you get the preview screen set up done for the enterprise version. I would be very interested in that as it is currently the only thing keeping us from the upgrade.

I do believe I read somewhere in the forum here that you could change the skins so the enterprise version is using the Pro skin and that would give you the Pro preview screen. I just don't have the time to be messing around with skins.

Once again, Thanks.
j@mes

MEpro 10.20

sergiorocha3

ProSkins

Post by sergiorocha3 »

MailEnable-Ben wrote:It is possible to use the Pro skin instead of the Enterprise if this is desirable.
I will appreciate new skins for enterprise.
If you use pro skins in enterprise, you don’t have de option to enable personal filtering and the calender don’t work.

I believe that the development of Enterprise Webmail, stop in the middle, for the enterprise version the webmail should be much better.
If you take a look in the files you will find webmail pro mixed with new enterprise flies. What big rush. ;)

Regards,

Sérgio

telecomputers

Any answers YET?

Post by telecomputers »

Hello again,

Any news on the preview screen in the enterprise version? We are looking forward to upgrading but, as I stated before, won't do this until we know our webmail preview screen issue has been resolved.
j@mes

MEpro 10.20