No double periods in IMAP folders?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Namlak

No double periods in IMAP folders?

Post by Namlak »

I got an error while trying to create an IMAP folder called "Cust. Corr." I tried several variations which led me to believe that having two periods in a folder name is a no-no.

Is this an IMAP limitation or a ME limitation?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Not aware of any issues where you cant have more than one period in a folder name. I have tested it and it worked. What version of professional are you running? Have you applied the hotfix from our hotfix page which addresses various IMAP issues?

regards,

Namlak

Post by Namlak »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,

Not aware of any issues where you cant have more than one period in a folder name. I have tested it and it worked. What version of professional are you running? Have you applied the hotfix from our hotfix page which addresses various IMAP issues?

regards,
I've been running Standard on my (very) small web hosting side-hobby-business for a few years now and now I'm deploying Enterprise where I now work as the IT Director (approx 200 PC's in six locations from Oregon to Mass to Tijuana to L.A.).

Thanks for a great product and if you ever wondered if having a nicely-featured free version pays off - you'll find out tomorrow when I pay for my Enterprise License.

Anyhow, I tried creating various folders and it seemed that two periods failed and all other combinations worked. Now for all the folders in Exchange with ' / \ in it.... What a mess.

Please see my other question about migration speed! Help! I'm going to be spending DAYS migrating these messages for no apparent reason and my users are screaming almost loud enough for the owner to notice!