Sending Email Error - Outside Domains

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jrmontg

Sending Email Error - Outside Domains

Post by jrmontg » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:37 pm

I can mail within my domain but cannot send to outside email addresses:

I get this error

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mail@outside.org'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.myserver.org', Server: 'mail.myserver.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 503, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have My Server requires authenication checked!

Please help

jrmontg

Post by jrmontg » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:21 pm

This is still not resolved

With testing this is what I have found.

I have my server requires authenication checked I cannot send to outside domains. However, If I replace the mail.mydomain.com with the local IP address it will work. So I took it a step further. I replace the mail.mydomain.com with the external IP of the mail server. I got the error again. So I went to the mail server and checked - Allow relay for local sender addresses and it started working. So my problem seems to be on the server itself. Oh course I cannot leave it this way....

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:52 am

Hi,

Navigate to Servers>Connectors>SMTP and right click to open the SMTP properties window. Next navigate to the "Relay" tab and check the "Allow Relay for privaleged IP's" checkbox to enable the option, click the "Privileged IP" button and ensure you have added the IP address mentioned in your post to the Access Control list uder the "Denied Relay rights except".

regards,

jrmontg

Post by jrmontg » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Thanks

Hawky2000

Post by Hawky2000 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:03 am

That's great and the same way I fixed this problem... What do you do if you need to send from a non fixed ip then?

Seems to be a bug of some kind me thinks...

William

POP3 problems

Post by William » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:07 pm

Hi, I have a problem with the pop3 e@mail reception, I can receave from internal acounts, but not from internet, like´s gmail o yahoo, can anyone helpme?