Import Contact Error - Any ideas?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Smurf

Import Contact Error - Any ideas?

Post by Smurf » Fri May 06, 2005 11:27 am

Hi,

We're testing ME Enterprise and getting the following error message when trying to import a CSV file into the Contacts within MEWEBMAIL

"The attachment could not be added to the message.ontacts could not be imported.

File save failed for the following reason: Error saving file on server: Bad file name or number"

We think it's a permission problem, but are not sure what permission to check or modify.

Any help greatly appreciated!

dhollick

I would like to confirm this problem

Post by dhollick » Mon May 16, 2005 2:10 pm

I am also experiencing this problem and i just wanted to let be known that the issue is not unique to smurf, and as he said any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon May 16, 2005 11:51 pm

Hi,

Here is a patch that should fix the issue;

Hi, there is a hotfix for this at http://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/meapwms.zip

We're still testing this for the 1.1 Enterprise and 1.6 Pro.

To replace the webmail DLL:

1. Open Component Services control panel applet
2. Expand the branch "Component Services->Computers->My Computer->COM+ Applications->Mail Enable->Components" branch
3. Right click on the "Mail Enable" icon (just above the Components icon), and select Shut Down from the popup menu.
4. Rename the MEAPWMS.DLL file in the Mail Enable\bin directory. Renaming will allow you to roll back this change. If you are unable to rename, the file is still being accessed, so try doing the Shut Down again. If it keeps failing to be able to be renamed, you may need to restart the IIS web server service.
5. Uncompress the zip attached into your Mail Enable\bin directory.
6. Click on the Components icon and you will see a list of objects in the right panel. Highlight all these and press the Delete key to delete.
7. Right click on the Components icon and select New->Component from the popup menu. This will display a Wizard.
8. Go through the Wizard, selecting "Install new component", and the DLL from Mail Enable\bin directory (MEAPWMS.DLL).
9. Finish the wizard

After the above is completed;

Change the following line of code
in the Compose.asp file which will address the issue.

The file resides in this location:
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN\WebMail\base\default\lang\EN\Forms\MAI

oMessage.CopyFile SourceFileName,TargetFileName

to:

oMessage.CopyForwardFile SourceFileName,TargetFileName

regards,