re spam filtering

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
wembley2000

re spam filtering

Post by wembley2000 »

Hi Folks

am attempting to train mailenable to learn spam and nospam can any tell me where I can obtain a list of spam emails to train with and a list of no spam emails?

I would like to auto train, but have a bank of emails for it to learn.

Regards

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

I previously tried to use ASSP, which I have found is not required for the Enterprise edition. However it appears that it has a quite good selction of both spam and nospam samples; but there also might be a problem in that the samples and simply named 'name' without an extension such a 'MAI' does this matter when using the command utility to build the dictionary?

Regards

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

well I can now inform you that it worked completely.

I now have Bayesian filtering enabled with a list of over 5.5000 emails scanned for both spam and nospam; thankfully provided by ASSp, which by the way I tried earlier with ME Pro but couldn't get it to work.

Anyway it isn't important to have the MAI extension if you install ASSP, or at least extract the spam and notspam directories then copy them over to the relevant directories for ME then run the create dictionary command and validate, it works fine.

Hope this helps.

PS: this has dramatically reduced (to date eliminated) spam for my accounts, but has also junked the ME online services password reminder; will train this and fix if possible. fortunately I have all spam moved into the Junk Email folder and keep it for 7 days before auto deleting; so have already moved this email back to the inbox.

Regards