Web Mail and Web Admin Problems

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Post Reply
Shill
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:25 pm

Web Mail and Web Admin Problems

Post by Shill » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:06 pm

I have installed Mail Enable on a clustered server and when I try to bring up webmail I am getting the following error

This service is currently experiencing difficulties.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.


The following error needs to be rectified:

MailEnable WebMail - MTS/COM+ MEWebMail.Features Error (-2147221005) 006~ASP 0177~Server.CreateObject Failed~800401f3.
To resolve this problem please refer to the MailEnable Knowledge Base.

I have looked at the knowledge base and it refers to permissions being an issue. I am not using Ensim, I have made sure that IME_Admin account has full permissions on the mailenable folder.

Is there any reason why this message is coming up.

Thanks in advance

MailEnable-Ben
Posts: 5858
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:49 am
Location: Melbourne

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:51 am

Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

dynaweb
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:01 am

Post by dynaweb » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:19 pm

This guy said he IS NOT using ensim and you recommended to him an ensim-related document? Any resolution to this?

MailEnable-Ben
Posts: 5858
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:49 am
Location: Melbourne

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:59 am

To true, the issue is still to do with permissions on your folders and possibly COM components. Try and run the meinstaller executing the first three options, make sure you have the latest version.

If this does not work then use this article;

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020247

Or

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020030

Or

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020092.htm

Usually one of these will work, the problem is the error returned for the COM+ objects are quite general.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

Shill
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:25 pm

Post by Shill » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:38 pm

Working now thanks

wisp
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:26 am

Post by wisp » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:01 am

I could not find the Add Account option in webadmin when I logged in with user who has Webadmin. So I followed the above suggestion for fixing permission issues, and ran MEInstaller Common Installation, I still couldnt get the Add Account option. So I ran MEInstaller again and chose WebAdmin Installation. Now when my users go to webmail, they get prompted Network username and password. a) what went wrong b) what can I do to fix this.

In the MEinstaller log I see the a whole bunch of:

There may be issues configuring MailEnable Permissions on version "5.2" of Windows.

MailEnable
Site Admin
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:03 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Post by MailEnable » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:13 am

The Add button issue would most likely be because the number of mailboxes allowed for that postoffice has been exceeded.. it therefore will not allow you to add more (unless you change the setting for the PO).

But in terms of new problem... If you are prompted for a password when accessing virtual directory. then the issue is most likely that the IIS proxy/anon user account for that web site has the wrong password or the IIS proxy/anon user does not have access to the MailEnable Bin\WebMail dir.

Best re-run the MEINstaller. If the meinstaller does not work, then log an issue under installation with the MailEnable ticketing system.
Regards, Andrew

wisp
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:26 am

Post by wisp » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:19 am

Hi Andrew,
Thank you so much. Yes, it had exceeded the number of boxes. I increased the number of boxes allowed and eveyrthign is fine now.

The issue with the webmail acces was sorted out by refering to and articled sent to me by Ian from Mailenable http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020220

This was the issue. I ran MEInstaller.exe choosing webadmin (because that is where I had the issue). This a conflict of passwords with webmail. So after reading the article, I ran MEInstaller Webclient installation and that fixed the problem. You could perhaps document this somewhere, that MEInstaller Webclient AND WebAdmin installations should be run one after another and not just one of them to ensure password match. May be it is already documented somewhere.[/b]

Post Reply